[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”4.6.6″ _module_preset=”default” custom_padding=”8px|||||”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.6.6″ _module_preset=”default” width=”100%”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”4.6.6″ _module_preset=”default”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.9.2″ _module_preset=”default” text_font=”|600|||||||”]
These reminders are intended to help keep you on track after you complete JumpStart Self-care. We recommend printing them and keeping them handy for when you need support.
- Self-care is NOT selfish, it’s the essential way forward. You can’t help others if you don’t help yourself first.
- Make a date with yourself and put it in your calendar. Keeping your self-care commitment is empowering, and sets an important example to others in your life
- Miss a day? Don’t beat yourself up, tomorrow is a new day. Just pick-up where you left off, with compassion for yourself.
- Keeping a record of your daily practice helps you build awareness, notice patterns, and reminds you how much you HAVE accomplished, even if you miss a day here or there.
- Have a backup plan, so when the unexpected happens you can reschedule your self-care time.
- Having difficulty finding time? Need to set a boundary? Set “do not disturb” hours, say “no”, or “not now, maybe later”.
- Feeling stuck? Check in with yourself and acknowledge how you are really feeling. What emotion is getting in the way? Are you angry, anxious or sad? What can you do about it?
- The Meddler is reactive, cynical, gloomy and has a negative impact. However, you must acknowledge the Meddler, with compassion, in order to lessen its impact
- The Player is your champion, encouraging, hopeful and has a positive impact. Activate the Player by taking purposeful action: a calming or playful activity to change a negative thought pattern, set boundaries, or make a decision that empowers you
- Tap into your innate gifts, they are your superpowers!
- Practice Calm the Storm and Personal Playlist activities daily – aim for 15 minutes, but 5 minutes has important benefits too
- Gratitude is one of the fastest ways to shift to a more positive, hopeful place. What are you grateful for? Write it down. Who are you grateful to? Let them know!
- Deep breathing is one of the fasted ways to calm down: breathe in through your nose for 4 counts, hold for 4 counts, out through your mouth for 7 counts (4-4-7)
- Print your Self-care Toolkit and keep it visible